Monday, January 21, 2008

Words




At FRC there are some important words. Words inspire us. They evoke emotion. They make us laugh. They make us cry. They spawn joy. They instill fear. They remind us of purpose. Words are powerful. Here's a list of some of the important words at FRC. Choose one and let me know what it means to you. Let's begin with the biggies at FRC.

Thinking Movement Collaboration Environment Diversity Potential

energy initiation execution flexibility
leadership love giving understanding
salvation change second-chance baptism
passion purpose kindness peace pace
excellence trust leverage partner reinvisoinate
podcast share sharp strength logistics
imagine inspire pro-active patience

for DLT(diretional leadership team)
fuel push gears gauges!

and let's not forget...I'm sorry and thank you!

8 comments:

@heredes said...

good word(s)! :)

SmilingSally said...

Diversity is the word I'll talk about. FRC enjoys a rich heritage with our diverse population. While others feel the need to travel to enrich their lives, all we need do is experience our surroundings. Our church is rich in its differences.

Heather Palacios said...

Allen, I am so proud of you! A post chock-full of wordage. For your next post, give us some alliteration! : )

all day (allen d) said...

thanks Heather for your insightful, inspiring words of intelligience!

Brian Vasil said...

I'll take passion. When you are doing what you are called to do..with people you are called to do it with...in a place that let's you do it with excellence...your passion will grow. I've known many people who started with passion but lacked the environment and the symbiotic juxtaposition of collaboration and challenge. Their passion soon gave way to defeat and a life-long battle trying to discover God's will when it was already revealed to them took over.

Passion at FRC is discovered, drawn-out, challenged, nurtured, and rewarded.

BV

all day (allen d) said...

That is very true Bri. We do need a culture that has both.

CHARLOTTE ALLISON said...

Word Up, Allen! These are good words to put in my repertoire of verbage. The one that struck me the most was trust. I guess, with where I came from, and the circumstances under which I left, trust has been, and to some extent still is, something that does not come easy to me. I have grown tremendously in that area since I have been here, though. THANKS for the opportunity to be stretch!

all day (allen d) said...

trust is a biggie!