Saturday, August 23, 2008

Axioms

I love axioms. Here's the definition:An established principle in some art or science that is universally received. One of my all time favorites that I was sharing after my workout with some friends at Starbucks sipping my Venti agua con hielo(ice water) is...drum roll...Deal with the negative and dwell on the positive. A lot of times we get this reversed, deal with the positive and dwell on the negative. We already live in a very negative society and I would imagine God knows this. That's why He's given us these words:Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise(Philippians 4:8). What's one positive thing you like to DWELL on.

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I like to dwell on things that make me laugh, smile, say, "ahhh."

John said...

I like to get up in the morning, thinking about the Marlins game that's going to be played that night.

And, also, I look forward especially to Wednesday mornings--my golfing game!

Unknown said...

I like to dwell on the great people I call friends and family and how blessed I am to have them.

Heather Palacios said...

LOVE the word axiom. One of me fav's!! We should read "Axioms" the new book by Hybels!

all day (allen d) said...

i like to dwell on my family and how FRC can be a part of God's Kingdom getting bigger!